Conscious Aging is a program designed to offer those 60+ hope and meaning to better cope with the stresses of aging, and to harvest the gifts of aging to grow in wisdom, depth and creativity. The goals for this eight-session program are to:
- Explore unexamined, self-limiting beliefs, stereotypes and assumptions about aging and make positive, more conscious choices about our worldviews on aging;
- Develop self-compassion to cope more effectively with change, worry, and stresses associated with aging;
- Discover and reflect on what has given heart and meaning to our lives and how that informs our intentions for our aging process;
- Enhance connection and reduce isolation from others and the web of life by understanding our shared humanity in the aging process and;
- Reduce fear and increase acceptance in the presence of death and dying for ourselves and our loved ones.
Each session we will focus on a different topic: starting with an introduction to conscious aging, then moving on to self-compassion, forgiveness, life review, transformative practices, death makes life possible, surrender – letting go, and creating a new vision of aging. Together we will explore new ideas and practices, engage in journaling and reflection, and share in small group discussions.+ More... - Less...
* Registration closes on August 5th