(Jewish Family & Children’s Services) As a nonprofit, we rely on our donors, supporters, and volunteers to help support our community. Right now, we are experiencing a shortage in our food pantry and need help finding volunteers for our programs.
The JFCS Just 3 Things food pantry was created to help feed youth transitioning out of the foster care system. Now it also serves clients who visit our healthcare centers and participate in programs across the Valley, including the elderly and those facing food insecurity.
The pantry needs non-perishable and non-expired foods, cleaning supplies, and personal care items, including soup, rice, pasta, canned fruit and veggies, soap and toiletries, deodorant, and diapers. You can donate to the pantry by making a monetary donation, purchasing items from the JFCS Just 3 Things Amazon Wish List, or ordering from your favorite grocery store and having it delivered to our Administrative Office. Please note, JFCS does not offer pick up services for donations.
If you want to be more involved, you can also volunteer in person at one of our locations. Being a JFCS volunteer allows people to make a difference in the lives of others while participating in rewarding experiences. Check out the volunteer opportunities below:
- Brighten the lives of Seniors –supporting activities and navigating seniors through using technology
- Lend a Hand at Special Events – Acting as a community liaison for our major events, including the Brighter Tomorrow Event and the It’s a Wrap Luncheon
- Make a Difference in the lives of Youth – Academic tutoring and teaching life skills
- Organizational Support – Administrative support and assistance with our events and volunteer coordination
- Community Projects – organizing and facilitating a food drive in your community, delivering meals to seniors, and assembling art and school packages for children
For more information about volunteer opportunities, visit the JFCS website at https://www.jfcsaz.org/volunteer/.
If you are interested in donating items to the JFCS Just 3 Things food pantry and would like to view a list of most needed items, visit https://www.jfcsaz.org/donate/other-ways-to-give/donate-food/.
This article was originally posted on Jewish Family & Children’s Services.
This post has been contributed by a third party. The opinions, facts and any media content are presented solely by the author, and JewishPhoenix assumes no responsibility for them. MORE