What does home mean to you? To many, home means family, warmth, and comfort; however, for others, there are feelings of concern and uncertainty. At Jewish Free Loan, we understand that life can bring unexpected and unforeseen circumstances and we are here to help Jewish Arizonans facing the current housing crisis. Through JFL’s Eviction Prevention Program, applicants may be eligible for an interest-free loan of up to $5,000 to help avoid displacement.
If you are in need of financial assistance for housing, medical bills, home repairs, utilities, or other immediate needs, please fill out an application at www.jewishfreeloan.org/apply-now or call (602)-230-7983.
In the words of one of our borrowers:
“This loan allowed me to keep my home, my safe space, and provide for my family.”
In addition to JFL’s interest-free loan program, there are a variety of resources to help during a time of crisis:
- APS Assistance Program: Arizona Public Service Electric offers emergency assistance including 25% off monthly energy bills, $800 APS bill assistance, $300 temporary bill assistance through The Salvation Army and low income home energy assistance programs. Please visit the APS website to see what you may be eligible for.
- Arizona Department of Economic Security: For information regarding emergency and long term food assistance, please visit the DES website.
- Arizona 2-1-1: Legal assistance, rental assistance and utility assistance. For more information visit the 2-1-1 website.
- AZEvictionHelp: AZEvictionHelp was created to address the need for eviction information and resources. As changes and new materials are made available, the Bar Foundation updates the site to keep Arizonans informed about the resources and services available to prevent or limit the negative impact of eviction.
- Jewish Family & Children’s Service: Short-term financial assistance to Jewish individuals and families in Maricopa County who are otherwise unable to meet their basic needs. JFCS also offers counseling, behavioral health services, psychiatric care, career services and food assistance. Please visit the JFCS website for more information.
Since June 2022, JFL has distributed more than $450,000 in interest-free financial resources. If you would like to make a contribution to support our mission of providing interest-free loans to Arizona’s Jewish Community, please visit www.jewishfreeloan.org/donate-now.
This post has been contributed by a third party. The opinions, facts and any media content are presented solely by the author, and JewishPhoenix assumes no responsibility for them. MORE