BACKGROUND INFORMATION – WHY?
Purpose of this toolkit – to get you started. Jewish Family & Children’s Service (JFCS) and Gesher Disability Resources (Gesher) often receive calls on disability and aging topics. JFCS and Gesher have worked together to create this toolkit to address the most frequently asked questions. This information applies to anyone living in
The resources provide information and expectations for families with a disabled child or adult who find themselves having to care for a person and don’t know what to do.
- What are questions to ask
- Who to call
- ALTCS/DDD an option & how does it work
- Where to go for medical services
- Alternatives to public school – ESA scholarships for financial assistance
- After high school – Vocational Rehab; DTA/Day Program; Group Supported Employment
- Social Security
- Difference between an ABLE Account and Miller’s Trust/Income Only Trust
- Where to find an advocate/navigator
This post has been contributed by a third party. The opinions, facts and any media content are presented solely by the author, and JewishPhoenix assumes no responsibility for them. MORE